Why Enroll? (Español)
CPCD offers comprehensive early childhood education and family programs for prenatal women and children birth through 5 (this includes families with diverse income levels, languages, and backgrounds, as well as children with special needs). Most of our programs are free for qualifying families.*
We accept applications year round and place children in our programs throughout the year as openings occur. Our classrooms are located in six El Paso County school districts (2, 3, 8, 11, 20 and 49). Children located in other districts (12, 14) may also be eligible.
We suggest you read the Frequent Questions (see link on the right) to familiarize yourself with different aspects of the enrollment process. For information on the programs themselves, click here.
It's important to remember that the waitlist isn't just for waiting. It's a Future List: a time to get ready for your child's exciting future and a chance for you to start receiving the following great benefits!
- You can attend our fun and informative workshops and classes, free of charge
- You will be entered in drawings throughout the year for gift cards and other fun stuff
- You will receive newsletters and/or email blasts so you can keep updated with all the current happenings at CPCD.
Remember, if you would like your child to be added to our Future List and placed in a classroom, you must complete an application and submit the documents below. It usually takes an hour, and the free benefits of the Future List start right away.
1. Call us at 719.635.1536 and ask for Enrollment.
2. Our enrollment office is open weekdays from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (except Wednesdays, when we are open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.). If you would like to complete an application on site, please arrive at our office no later than 4 p.m., as the application process takes approximately one hour to complete. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Enrollment at (719) 635-1536.
We are located at 2330 Robinson St., Colorado Springs, CO. 80904 (Map below). Please bring your:
- child's birth certificate
- child's immunization record,
- legal documents (i.e. custody papers, restraining orders, etc.)
- your picture ID
- proof of your family's current income and income for the previous 12 months (i.e. W-2's, income tax forms, 12 months of pay stubs, written employer letter, LES statements, TANF award letter, SSI, SS, Foster Care, school grants, unemployment, child support or alimony).
Please note: Your child cannot be considered for placement until all proper documentation has been received and verified. In order to expedite the application process, please complete the application below before coming to enroll. Additional paperwork will be completed at the CPCD Central Office.
Can't make it to the west side of town right now? Visit an enrollment event near you!
Click here to complete Enrollment Application online
*CPCD partners with non-profit child care providers to offer Head Start and Early Head Start services in a child care setting. Families who need full day early childhood services can apply. Fees based on income.